Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday card sketch

Hey guys, Hugo here again. So sorry about not posting in a while! December gets pretty crazy at work with trying to squeeze in a monthly class between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Anyway,  I thought I'd post the sketches I used for my Holiday card this year. Once it's done, I'll post the link here to the final version in my personal blog so you guys can also see it. I was inspired this year by one of my favorites, illustrator Jim Flora. He was a very minimalist and graphic illustrator from the 50's and 60's who illustrated many jazz record covers around those times. I sketched it in parts so that I could assemble the composition later.


Happy Holidays, Merry X-mas, and hope you guys have a Happy New Year!

-hugo


PS. here is the final card:  http://hugogiraud.blogspot.com/2011/12/holiday-card.html

No comments:

Post a Comment